linakv

linakv

The Cambridge Companion to Literature on Screen
Deborah Cartmell
Pathways to Language: From Fetus to Adolescent (The Developing Child)
Kyra Karmiloff, Annette Karmiloff-Smith
Why I Write
George Orwell
A Dance With Dragons
George R.R. Martin
The Arabian Nights (New Deluxe Edition)
Anonymous, Muhsin Mahdi, Husain Haddawy
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling
Les Misérables: Volume One
Victor Hugo
Dramaturgy and Performance
Cathy Turner, Synne Behrndt
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak For a long time I didn't want to read the Book Thief. Not because I was afraid that I would cry, but because I thought it was too popular. When I saw that the movie was supposed to come out, I thought, why not. So I bought it in June/July. It stood on my shelf for a long time, before I took it down and opened it. I shouldn't have.Not because it was bad. But because it was absolutely breathtaking. It was beautiful and sad and everything at the same time. I laughed, cried and smiled my way through this book. But I should never have read it. Because I want to read it again, for the first time. For me, it was the kind of book that made me want to read it all at once, but at the same time savour it for as long as possible. I've read in it every evening for about a week, because I wanted to read through it. But never in the days, never on the bus, because I wanted it to last.But this is also the kind of book that makes me never want to read another word again. This, of course, is because it is beautiful. It is beautifully written, it has a good plot line, and it has believable characters. And it has soul. I really hope the author poured his heart and soul into this as much as I think he did. I hope it ripped him appart to write those last few words, and that Liesel, Hans, Rosa and Rudy still haunts him in the nights. Because they will haunt me.