linakv

linakv

The Cambridge Companion to Literature on Screen
Deborah Cartmell
Pathways to Language: From Fetus to Adolescent (The Developing Child)
Kyra Karmiloff, Annette Karmiloff-Smith
Why I Write
George Orwell
A Dance With Dragons
George R.R. Martin
The Arabian Nights (New Deluxe Edition)
Anonymous, Muhsin Mahdi, Husain Haddawy
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling
Les Misérables: Volume One
Victor Hugo
Dramaturgy and Performance
Cathy Turner, Synne Behrndt
Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) - Sarah Mlynowski When Aprils father is moving out of state, she refuses to go with him. Entangled in a net of lies and a couple of fake e-mail accounts, she moves in with her friend, Vi. How they ended up paying 3000 dollar for a Donut, or buying a hot tub, is a mystery, and two of the ten things they did, and probably shouldn't have.This is a very light and easy read. I quite enjoyed reading this book, it wasn't all that un-put-downable as I like my books to be, but I still finished it in only a few days. When it comes to the story, it's pretty accurate in how life would be for two teenagers living on their on, but I still find that it has the american "if you have sex, you will get pregnant and you will die"- touch to it. She has sex, she gets and STD. I feel that we get enough of that through films and TV-series, I don't need it in my books as well. But, to my point, I still feel that it is an exact portrayal of how two girls would live together. The working out in the middle of the night, the watching of tv-series, the buying of a hot tub... Things we all would do, right? Well, not exactly, but this is a book, so it's allowed to be a bit exaggerated.Anyway, I really like this book, and I would recommend it to any young-adult book lover out there.