linakv

linakv

The Cambridge Companion to Literature on Screen
Deborah Cartmell
Pathways to Language: From Fetus to Adolescent (The Developing Child)
Kyra Karmiloff, Annette Karmiloff-Smith
Why I Write
George Orwell
A Dance With Dragons
George R.R. Martin
The Arabian Nights (New Deluxe Edition)
Anonymous, Muhsin Mahdi, Husain Haddawy
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling
Les Misérables: Volume One
Victor Hugo
Dramaturgy and Performance
Cathy Turner, Synne Behrndt
James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing (James Potter, #1) -  Johnny Atomic, G. Norman Lippert I generally don't read e-books. I get a headache from sitting by the computer for too long, but I figured, since it was Harry Potter, I should give it a go. And I did.Although it's kind of like the Deathly Hallows, with the three reliecs, and the writer trying a bit too hard to be funny sometimes, it was a good read. I don't regret reading it, and I will read the next, mind you.The story focuses quite a bit on how James always feels like he is in the shadow of his father, but I suppose James Potter would feel that way. To be the son of Harry Potter wouldn't always be a great pleasure.The main annoyance I found, was that some characters were a bit different than how they are supposed to be. Like George weren't married to Angelina, although, that could happen later since Jo Rowling never stated when Fred II and Roxanne was born. Enough rambling and back to the main plot here.I think that bringing Merlin into the whole story was a bit too much, especially the fact that he stayed after saving the wizarding world from exposure, but that's the way the world of fan fictions work, so I suppose it's okay. I would believe that he would have fulfilled his destiny, and gone back to waiting for a new moment to return. Although, if that was the case, he probably should have come back during the Second Wizarding War.To wrap it up, if you like Harry Potter, and are keen on a sequel, then read it. Don't expect too much, and you won't be disappointed. As I said, it's a good read, but it seems like Lippert is trying a bit too hard to be funny, and a bit too hard to write exactly like Rowling.