I have managed to get through May, June, July and August without being spoiled for this book, which I consider somewhat of an accomplishment. Of course I knew from the goodreads description that Tessa was going to be in it, but I did not read the blurb, I did not read the last page, I did not stalk it on goodreads. Nobody spoiled me, which I'm so grateful for.
I also might have read this book in less than 24 hours. Woops.
1) Who the fuck brings CONDOMS to the DEMON realm to kill their slightly insane, and very demonic, half-brother/adoptive brother. WHO? Nobody but Jace Herondale of course. Herondale boys. Always so bloody prepared for everything.
2) I'M SO HAPPY FOR THE REDEMPTION OF JONATHAN MORGENSTERN. I mean, yes. He was EVIL with capitalized letter. Beyond Voldemort-evil, he was Sauron-evil. But the ending with him, and how both Clary and Jocelyn clearly mourned the loss of the brother /son they never had, it was amazing.
3) I'm going to need a book on Simon Lewis as a Shadowhunter. NOW.
4) Jessamine Lovelace. You still amaze me.
5) JEM AND TESSA.
6) I was waiting for Tessa literally the whole book. I was really hoping that she would play some badass part in the big battle scene, and it kind of disappointed me that she didn't.
7) But Jem AND TESSA
8) I love Emma Carstairs. So of course I'm going to have to read the Dark Artifacts. Yes.
I seriously just ramble under the cut. There are spoilers though, so if you haven't read it, don't open.
But I really loved this book. It was SO much better than the rest of the books in this series, and Clary didn't annoy me quite so much as she usually does. The ending was absolutely perfect - one of the best endings I've scene to a series (except for the Infernal Devices... I'm just... Yeah).