linakv

linakv

The Cambridge Companion to Literature on Screen
Deborah Cartmell
Pathways to Language: From Fetus to Adolescent (The Developing Child)
Kyra Karmiloff, Annette Karmiloff-Smith
Why I Write
George Orwell
A Dance With Dragons
George R.R. Martin
The Arabian Nights (New Deluxe Edition)
Anonymous, Muhsin Mahdi, Husain Haddawy
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling
Les Misérables: Volume One
Victor Hugo
Dramaturgy and Performance
Cathy Turner, Synne Behrndt

City of Ashes

City of Ashes  - Cassandra Clare City of Ashes is probably the most anti-climatic Shadowhunter book I'll ever come across. It wasn't bad, but it was definitively not where I wished it would be on the goodness-scale. It was very evident that this was a filler-book, but it was okay. A lot of things happened for it to be a filler book.

Anyway. The plot. I enjoyed it, but it was a little slow. I felt as though it could have happened in about 100 pages less, and that's never the best to hear, is it? I enjoyed the whole fairy-business though, but it seemed in a way that it was created only as a reason to get Clary and Jace to talk to each other about their love. and the ending when Jace breaks Clary's heart. I WAS SO NOT OKAY WITH THAT.

I don't really have a lot to say about this particular book. Except that a). Imogen Herondale. Not at all like I imagined the Herondale offspring to be like, and I wasn't the least sad when she died. b). I wanted to kick some serious ass when they threw Jace out. I mean, what?.

I enjoyed the book, and I will read the next ones. Hurriedly.

And the little Alec-Magnus side plot is too adorable. I'm dying a little bit because of the awkwardness and the cuteness. Mmm...