linakv

linakv

The Cambridge Companion to Literature on Screen
Deborah Cartmell
Pathways to Language: From Fetus to Adolescent (The Developing Child)
Kyra Karmiloff, Annette Karmiloff-Smith
Why I Write
George Orwell
A Dance With Dragons
George R.R. Martin
The Arabian Nights (New Deluxe Edition)
Anonymous, Muhsin Mahdi, Husain Haddawy
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling
Les Misérables: Volume One
Victor Hugo
Dramaturgy and Performance
Cathy Turner, Synne Behrndt

The Return of the King

The Return of the King  - Alan Lee, J.R.R. Tolkien After three years I finally finished this series. I've been attempting to read it again and again throughout the years, but three years ago I decided that "now I'm going to do this shit". And so I did. I read the first book, and had a loong break. Started the second one, without really finishing it, and had a second, loong break. Then I finished it, had a couple of weeks of break before I started and finished the third one.

The thing about LOTR, is that it is fucking boring. Not just a little difficult to get over that chapter who is mostly just boring, the whole series is really boring. And I'm not saying this to be offensive to LOTR-fans, or the book in itself. I really enjoyed it. But page up and page down describing in detail how everythis looks like? Nope. Not really my piece of cake. It seems to have helped Peter Jackson though (even though he completely made a war-series on an adventure-series. IDK).

The first halves of the books are great. Because Legolas and Gimli and Merry and Pippin and all those fantastic creatures. Just doing shit. But then the second half comes and Frodo and Sam are in the mountains, alone, whining about Gollum stalking them. This is where it gets really boring. And this is where I put down my Two Towers book for a year.

It's good. But it's freaking boring.