linakv

linakv

The Cambridge Companion to Literature on Screen
Deborah Cartmell
Pathways to Language: From Fetus to Adolescent (The Developing Child)
Kyra Karmiloff, Annette Karmiloff-Smith
Why I Write
George Orwell
A Dance With Dragons
George R.R. Martin
The Arabian Nights (New Deluxe Edition)
Anonymous, Muhsin Mahdi, Husain Haddawy
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling
Les Misérables: Volume One
Victor Hugo
Dramaturgy and Performance
Cathy Turner, Synne Behrndt

Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare I don't even know where to start. This book. I mean, this series is too good for me to even. I just. Nope.
I talked about the characters in the review of the previous book, but I think I need to talk a bit more about my husband Will Herondale. The character development throughout the previous book and this one is bloody amazing. Clare has managed to keep it real, but still very exciting. Will is aproached as a broken toy, and I just. NO. He's had so much horrible happening to him, and I just can't even begin to handle it.

The story in itself started out a little slow. But this book is definitively funnier than the previous one. I really liked this as a sequel, but it wasn't as good as the first one. Not that it was bad, but it just lacked something the first book had. But OH MY GOD there's a lot of plot twists in this book. I nearly dropped it several times as I was reading it. I was just like WHAT THE F JUST HAPPENED?

It wasn't a lot of action in this one, and I sort of missed that. There was a lot more focus on the characters than on the story in itself, and I liked how it spanned over just few days (14, was it not?), and so much could happen in that time. Although the engagement of Jem and Tessa may have been a little rushed, but I kind of liked it anyway. I can't really decide who I think Tessa should stay with though, because I love both Jem and Will. It's just that Will is so much more badass.

Also. Mildred. I'm just saying. Mildred.

And that was another completely useless and rambly review. Feel free to execute me.